Monday, October 10, 2011

The inaugural post

After spending 10 months in Zambia and blogging relatively frequently (www.maximeinafrica.blogger.com), I decided to take a brief blogging hiatus once I returned home. I figured, why should I write a blog if I'm not doing something fabulous and different? A number of my friends have suggested - dare I say, insisted - I write a blog about easy, yummy, student-oriented cooking, however I find that too narrow for my interests. I love to travel, yet unfortunately I won't get to be doing too much of that this semester, so instead I plan on daydreaming here, sharing some finds and insights with you, expanding my scope of what's available around me in Montreal, and maybe incorporating an interesting intellectual thing or two. Between you and me, I also want a procrastination tactic more productive than Facebook while studying for my MCATs. Yes, I probably already have too many things on my plate as it is; yes, I should probably be sleeping, or celebrating (I've been 24 years old for officially 6 minutes now!), or partaking in some raucous evening, or baking the pumpkin pie I promised I'd make for my sister-in-law's Thanksgiving linner (that's lunch/dinner) tomorrow, but instead I'm in my bed, serene in Vermont with the crisp fall air billowing through my window, writing this blogpost and trying to hammer down what precisely this blog will be about. And maybe that's where I'll leave you for now - blogging refining is for you to help me with!

Better get my beauty rest pre-Thanksgiving/Birthday celebrations. Pumpkin pie info to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

As one of my best friends Val said (I'm TOTALLY stealing from her right now), blogging isn't nearly as much fun if I don't hear from you, so tell me what you think!